Friday 3 June 2011

Hello to Dixie and Casey

Due to  Dawn, the owner's, work committments, I have started walking Dixie the Doodle and Casey the Labrador, 4 times a week every couple of weeks and it is going very well indeed. I pick them up at their home and always get a very enthusiastic welcome from both of them.  They pop into the van like they have been doing it all their lives and off we go to Rozelle for some fun and  exercise.  After the first couple of walks, I let them off the leads and they are so good.  Casey tends to stay close to me while Dixie loves nothing more than heading off to meet and greet every other dog she spots, or for a change, makes mad dashes to try and catch birds - totally unsuccessful so far! She always comes back to the whistle as she knows she gets treats!  They are so good and friendly and a pleasure to be with. Yesterday, Casey insisted in carting a 5 foot long branch with her for most of the walk - and I've got the bruises to prove it on the backs of my legs!  I had to call out a warning to everyone we met! There is a rather large and smelly puddle that I keep forgetting about BUT they don't and they always make a beeline for it, so more often than not they are in it before I can call them away.  They are returned home a bit "pongy" but very happy.  Sorry, Dawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment