Wednesday 25 May 2011

Confession Time!

My conscience has been weighing heavily on me for some time and its time to come clean!  All my wonderful (human) clients think the dogs love to be with me but I am now owning up and telling you the real reason - HOME MADE LIVER CAKE!! The dogs would kill for it.
I'll give you the recipe as a sort of penance for being deceitful but be warned - making this is not for the squeamish!  If I tell you I keep separate utensils and a dedicated mixer just to make this, it will give you some idea just how awful it is to prepare!

1 lb flour - anything but I normally use wholemeal or granary
1 lb liver - I normally use ox
3 -4 cloves garlic
2 large eggs
Milk to mix

Process the liver and garlic (told you!!) and then mix in the flour and eggs with enough milk to make a spreading consistency. (Ugh!)
WELL grease and line a baking tray and spread in the mixture. Bake it at 180 for about 20 minutes or until it is firm.  When cool, cut it into small pieces and freeze. Any you keep back from freezing, keep in fridge.

A good alternative is to make Pilchard Cake.

2 large tins pilchards in tomato sauce
About 10 oz flour
2 large eggs
Milk to mix
Mix all together, grease and line the baking tray and spread in the mixture. About 160 degrees until firm.

There I feel better for having confessed my dark secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment